Tuesday 4 August 2015

Dinner is served on the island

It is Tuesday here in Tuvalu, and normally it would be a quiet night, but tonight the outside area is full of people celebrating a 21st birthday.  I was going to do some work and so decided I would have my dinner in my room. (don’t tell, but I decided I had done enough work for this day and so read my ‘book’ instead)

I do enjoy how my mind wanders sometimes.  Where it wanders, I know, is often influenced by the environment around me, what I have been up to previously, and what I am processing underneath at the time.  That is for another post though.

Today, I was just going to write about my dinner, and describe how much it means to have something other than chicken in black bean sauce with rice.  Tonight I chose the option of sweet and sour chicken with chips and vegies.  Bit of a treat to have so many recognisable and desirable flavours on the plate at once.  The sweet and sour was just that  :) , the vegies were in fact a coleslaw and the chips were freshly out of the frier. Soft in the middle and crisp on the outside. 




While I was eating I realised that yet again I was saving the best till last.  The chips.  I always do this.  I will always save the ‘treat’ on the plate till last. 
When we have a roast, the last thing left if the roast onion.  So sweet and sometimes crunchy. 



It led me to wondering, does everyone save the best till last?  And if not, are those that do and those that don’t somehow different as groups in their personalities?  And amongst each group, are there common personality traits amongst their individualities???

See what I mean about how this mind sometimes meanders.  Food for thought for the future?  I sense some interesting research or dinner party questions coming on…

Oh and I liked the chips so much, there is a new bowl of them sitting next to me as I write this.  enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment